Kernel MBOX to PST is a Windows software to migrate MBOX files to Outlook. If you don't have idea what MBOX is, it is a file format used for holding collections of email messages. Basically, you can migrate a bunch of emails to Office using this software.
The installation is very straightforward doesn't require extra knowledge, basically, it is to click on the button
If you don't have the last Office or Outlook version, the converter supports old versions, here is the supported version that you can use with Kernel MBOX to PST and the Requirements.
- MS Windows Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000/98/NT and 95 and Windows Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003
- MS Outlook: MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 (both 32 bit and 64 bit)/2010/2007/2003/2002/2000/98 and 97
- Pentium class Processor
- 64 MB RAM (128 recommended)
- 50 MB of disk space (for software installation)
How to use it
The converter support 20 mail clients, For this example I will show you how the software works using Mail the OS X email client.
But before here is the list of email clients:
- Apple Mail
- Claws Mail
- The Bat!
In Mail click on
Mailbox menu and
Choose a location
Choose the location to export the
.mbox file, if you have more than one account it will create a file for each account.
Open the mbox file
In the first screen of the software, you need to choose the
Preview the emails
You can review the emails imported from the
Export to PST
In the right sidebar you have multiple options to export to a single file, multiple files, email servers (avaliable for the corporate license), and other web services. For this example, I chose the
PST file (MS Outlook) option.
Import the PST file
In Outlook you have the import functiontality in the
It will open a window with multiple options, select
Import from another program or file.
Outlook Data File (.pst) in the next step.
You need to select the PST file, and you have three options:
- Replace duplicate with items imported (Default)
- Allow duplicated to be created
- Do not import duplicates
It could take a good time if you are importing a good number of emails.
Once finish the process to import the files you will see a window similar to the below, that means the process is successful.
Now you can see the emails in Outlook.
Other email converters
Kernel Data Recovery has a lot of software and email converters, here is a list of email converters:
- Kernel for OST to PST
- Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Kernel for EDB to PST
- Kernel for OLM to PST
- Kernel for EML to PST Converter
- Kernel for NSF to PST Converter
- Office 365 Migrator for Lotus Notes
How to get it
You can get the software directly from their website:
The software is not free, you can test the software and see the emails in the interface but you are not able to import the emails to Outlook until you can get a license.
There are 2 different licenses of this software the Home license and the Corporate license, basically these are the differences:
- The Coporate license is for multiple machines at multiple geographical and the Home license for individual/personal use only locations.
- With the Coporate license you can export MBOX files to Office 365 mailbox, with the Home license you can't.
- With the Corporate license you can saves MBOX emails to email servers (GroupWise, Exchange, & Domino) with the Home license is not possible.
- The price for the Home license is $39 and for the Coporate license is $199.
If you are interested to get this software or others, I recommend you to check first the offers in the website.
Kernel MBOX to PST is a software very easy to use and install, also you have all the options in the main interface and the help manual is extensive and helpful. But the software is only for Windows, I use Microsoft Office on Windows and Mac, this means I have to use Windows to convert the emails and move the emails to my Mac if I want to have the emails, will be nice have the OS X option, for these reason I give to this software a 9/10.